Monday, July 12, 2010

Here we go

Alright lovelies, I realize I have been M.I.A. for a few days but I promise you it will be worth the wait. I have accomplished much loyal followers. This will be the first of 2 posts today! Alrighty then, let's do this thing! Nina Bangs has long been a favorite of mine. Her Mackenzie Vampire series is our topic of the day. Although you know I believe in reading in order, these are easily understood as stand-alones. I still hold to my belief though because there are a couple of supporting characters( Sparkle Stardust and Ganymede are cosmic troublemakers) that appear throughout the series and in order to appreciate their developing relationship (twisted at times) you must go in order people.Also the Woo Woo Inn and the Mackenzie Council (they protect the purity of the Mackenzie blood line) run through the series so follow my rules people.
The order is:
 The Master of Ecstasy- a time travel piece that has terrific elements of reality in it. I absolutely adore Darach he is a highlander and a vampire what a combo I am so in love. He lives in the 1700's and Blythe in the 2300's so the time travel is a heavy part of this story. Full of action and romance it is probably my favorite in the series.
Night Bites- Follows the story of Thrain and Cindy and brings us our first real taste of Cindy's Woo Woo Inn. The Inn practically becomes it's own character as we progress through the series.It is the Hotel to the Paranormal so to speak. Humans come as well but they truly cater to the preternatural beings. It is full of Nina's signature steam levels.
A Taste of Darkness- Brings us Reinn who hates being responsible to the Council and absolutely hates weres of any kind and Kisa a were-cat he falls madly in love with. It's a smart, sexy story filled with humor. You will love all the conflict and craziness in this one.
One Bite Stand- Declan is probably the sexiest vampire in the entire series, but he is also the darkest. This one has a considerable amount of action, much more than the others in the series. This is where all the pieces fall together, all the Mackenzie line questions are answered. Declan's love is a half breed harpy named Daria. For those of you who don't know, harpies are supposed to be hideously ugly, but unfortunately her father was a God and so she doesn't have the "ugly" trait. Talk about reverse self esteem issues. This one is also the most graphic, warning, rape is involved.
All in all this was an amazing series. I enjoyed watching Sparkle and Ganymede grow. Very well done Nina.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I emailed you last week but didn't get a reply so I've now tracked down your blog. *is a stalker*

    You won a giveaway on my blog! http://cjredwine.blogspot.com/2010/07/winner-sarah-rees-brennan-giveaway.html Yay you! Please get in touch with me to claim your prize.

    cjredwine01 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG CJ I am finding out quite a few of my tweeps are "stalkers" lol Love ya girl, you know from my tweets things have been crazy!

    ReplyDelete