Friday, July 2, 2010

Lisa Basso

I reviewed Lisa's other short story Blood Bonds a few days ago so if you read the post you know she's a new author with tons of potential. When she asked me to read Blood Under the Mistletoe, I wholeheartedly agreed. This was written before Blood Bonds and I already see growth in her as an author between the two pieces. Blood Under the Mistletoe is a short piece found in Holiday Treats at http://www.midnightshowcase.com/. It is about a vampire named Victor who has never allowed himself to feel love until he finds Holly a half-witch who is unaware of her heritage. When she is kidnapped he finally realizes what she means to him. It is a sweet love story with just the proper amount of action that I enjoyed reading. Thank you Lisa for sending it my way.

1 comment: