Sunday, June 20, 2010

J.R.Ward

I just finished Covet by J. R. Ward. I came upon this book in a roundabout way. I had heard about the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and wanted to read them but had a little trouble finding the first in the series. So when I came across this book I figured since she is famous for vamp novels and this one was about a fallen angel that it would be a safe bet that it would be deep enough into the paranormal range to satisfy me. Oddly the paranormal, although it is the main premise of the backstory, did not really come to the front lines very often until the end. The storyline on the forefront was more of a "universal struggle between good and evil" and is actually in my opinion a great gateway novel for those who love crime and/or dramatic novels to ease their way into the paranormal genre. Since the story is left unresolved I have to assume she has more in the works. I can't wait. J.R. Ward has a cutthroat edgy way with words and consistantly leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. It has been a long time since this reviewer has been lured away from her comfort zone. Thank you J.R. for your brilliance. I look forward to finding out what craziness Jim will fall into next. Two thumbs WAY up for Covet.

No comments:

Post a Comment